Thursday 15 May 2014

Resting and PBs

Last week I was worrying that I was training too hard, and the the endless daily runs inspired by 5x50 were getting to me and slowing me down.  It looks like I was right!


After a 12 mile run after work last week I decided to have a day off from running, which broke the 5x50 pledge after 41 days, but felt good.  I figured that 5x50 is a great way to persuade you to get out and run, but I was doing that anyway, so it was no great loss.  A shortish run the next day and another rest day and I was feeling relaxed.

I have a half marathon race coming up, so I thought I'd go better out and see how long it took me now to run 13.1 miles. So on Sunday morning I tied on my shoes and set out into a threatening windy morning and off around a 13.4 mile route, mainly off road, but on hard paths. 1 hour 53 minutes later I knew my HM time, a PB for me and a minute and a half faster than last time I ran the distance. That bodes well for next weekend. I am not really fussed about my time, but don't want to hold Pete back! (As usual, we will run together, whoever feels faster).

Another rest day and then out in the evening for a quick 5 miles. Which turned out to be a very quick 5 miles! Another PB (38' 07") It was a great run round the woods, most of it off road and on muddy tracks.  I felt light on my feet and the consistent sub 8 minute miles made me feel great as ArmaG called them out.

All this was without a pack, and I know that slows me down a lot, but I am confident that the resting has proved good for me, and that I am pretty fit, and almost ready for Wales.

Happy with my body!

No comments:

Post a Comment